May 22, 2014
The diligent efforts of deputies assigned to the Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Office Fugitive Unit led to the arrest of Bobby Alexander Hunter yesterday. Hunter was wanted by Duluth Police for Armed Robbery, Kidnapping, Burglary, False Imprisonment and Possession of a Weapon during the Commission of a Crime.
Hunter was also wanted for additional warrants obtained by Georgia State Patrol after fleeing from them in January 2014.
Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Office Fugitive deputies developed leads that led them to a Krystal’s restaurant on Hwy 78 in Stone Mountain, where Hunter was taken into custody without incident. He is charged with the following:
- Armed Robbery
- False Imprisonment
- Possession of a Weapon during the Commission of a Crime
- Felony Probation Violation
- Fleeing and Eluding Police
- Failure to Yield (2 counts)
- Reckless Driving
- Failure to Obey Traffic Control Device
- Failure to Signal When Turning or Changing Lanes
- Passing in a No Passing Zone
Jaclyn Joanna Velasquez was also arrested at the scene and was charged by Sheriff’s deputies with Hindering the Apprehension of a Fugitive.
Hunter and Velasquez are being held at the Gwinnett County Jail. Hunter is being held with no bond.