Address for Mail and Money Orders:
Inmates Name and ID Number
Gwinnett County Detention Center
2900 University Parkway
Lawrenceville, Georgia 30043
All incoming mail to inmates, with the exception of Legal Correspondence must be a postcard. Postcards are to be at least 3×5 inches and no larger than 4×6 inches, written in black or blue ink. Postcards must have a complete return name and address. Postcards can be plain or pictured.
- UNACCEPTABLE postcards will be returned to the sender. Types of unacceptable postcards include but not limited to:
Greeting Cards, Holiday Cards and Birthday Card
Defaced or altered postcards
Plastic or wrappings on postcards
Postcards with glued or taped material
Postcards marked with paint, magic markers or crayons
Postcards with stickers or labels including address labels
Postcards with watermarks or stained in any manner
Postcards with any biohazards, including lipstick and perfumes
Postcards depicting nudity, weapons or gang references
Postcards written in code
Only U.S. Postal Money Orders and Western Union Money Orders will be accepted. If letters or photographs are contained in the envelope, all contents will be returned to the sender. Money Orders will be accepted through the mail. Write the inmates name and ID number on the money order.
- Magazines subscriptions and books will be accepted as long as they are mailed directly from the publisher or authorized retailer. We DO NOT accept packages from EBAY or Amazon independent sellers.
- Hardbound books will not be accepted.
- All packages received for inmates by US mail or UPS containing books or magazines must be PRE-PAID. They must have a packing slip or receipt stating what is in the package. Any packages that do not have these slips or contain contraband items will be returned at the sender’s expense.
- Books and magazines must not exceed 8×11 in size and four pounds in weight.
- Publications that contain jail prohibited content will be confiscated and will not be distributed to inmates. These publications will be returned to the publisher or retailer.
- If you have any questions or like to appeal this policy, please contact the Inmate Services Manager at 770-619-6474.